Sunday, December 12, 2010

New Phone, New Fun, New Trouble

So I got a new cell phone last week that is internet capable and I think ultimately that will prove bad for me, in a couple ways. Yes it's a blackberry and now I know why they are affectionately (or not) called "crackberries". Having this much power at your fingertips is a bad, bad thing.







Yesterday I was on my lunch at work and was watching old episodes of "Beavis and Butthead" on youtube. Now any fan would know that B&B are hilarious and I am a fan. Of course B&B would pale in comparison to the disturbing animated shows on TV today, but in their time B&B were pushing the limits of what was acceptable, even on basic cable. The show was blamed for kids burning down their houses and many other lame examples of bad parenting and even more lame govt uptights. "Family Guy" which is on network tv, would make B&B blush and has drawn criticism from an array of groups, mostly the same bad parents and govt types. Back to my lunch story; halfway through the third episode I realized that my lunch was over and I was in the three minute grace period K-Mart gives us to clock back in. Bad me.







The other thing is Twitter; before when I got my tweets all I could do is read the headline and try to remember to follow the link later in the day. Now I have all the news when I want it and I read a lot on news and most of the time it just makes ma angry. Take (muslim) state rep Keith Ellison (D-Minn) saying “I think that we need to create a real crisis here so that the Republicans will have to answer for denying Americans unemployment benefits on the eve of the Christmas holiday,” Ellison said. “We let them off the hook, in my opinion.” Anyone have any idea on WTF he's talking about? You can see how this would be upsetting to read in the middle of a beautiful day here in California. 



One thing I have to point out is a design flaw in the Blackberry, In order to type a number within a text or email you have to hit the "alt" key before each number. How hard would it be to stick an alt lock on there, I mean this is a minor problem, but coming from an old Motorola phone that had an alt lock to this brand new top of the line BBY that doesn't is just plain weird.


UPDATE: A friend told me the trick to the alt lock (alt then shift), thanx Shane!

No comments:

Post a Comment