Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year, New Challenge!

We all have people who inspire us, I was inspired when I was young by President Reagan, I was at school watching when the Challenger exploded and later saw this speech;



In these few minutes I saw sorrow, but I also saw strength. Never have I seen these in Barack Obama, his eyes are dead, they are expressionless and empty. He doesn't seem to care about anything except his own advancement and power. The biggest difference is, I believe Reagan had my best interest in mind at all times. Obama shows no interest in me, and by me I mean the average American. I don't mean to be disrespectful but,  I don't respect Barack Obama beyond the position he holds. Yeah you see what I did there, kinda like this;
Ahh double speak.


The Bible, (a book I am sure Reagan kept close to him at all times and Obama only grabs for a photo op) in Ecclesiastes 3 talks about "A Time for Everything
1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,  

6 a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."



For the last four years we have been tearing down, and now in the coming new year it is time to build again. But we need to build on a strong foundation. We need to look back to the Founding Fathers and re-take their lead. We need to remember the words of another great President, the First one George Washington; "For myself (and I take no merit in giving the assurance, being induced to it from principles of gratitude, veracity, and justice), a grateful sense of the confidence you have ever placed in me, a recollection of the cheerful assistance and prompt obedience I have experienced from you, under every vicissitude of fortune, and the sincere affection I feel for an army I have so long had the honor to command will oblige me to declare, in this public and solemn manner, that, in the attainment of complete justice for all your toils and dangers, and in the gratification of every wish, so far as may be done consistently with the great duty I owe my country and those powers we are bound to respect, you may freely command my services to the utmost of my abilities." He was a man truly devoted to our Great Nation and it showed like Reagan in every word he spoke. 


Talk to God, your family, friends and neighbors, figure out what you are supposed to be doing, who you are supposed to be and make that your goal for the coming year. Not a resolution, but a first step on the road back to the shining city that America once was and can become again;

No comments:

Post a Comment