Sunday, September 11, 2011

10

As I reflect on 9/11/2001, many many things come to mind. Frustration over the site itself, the insignificant structures being built and the despicable mayor bloomberg that didn't allow clergy to the memorial or make enough space for all the First Responders. The lack of heart in the hijackers and their backward religion, if you love death there is no place for you in this world. Sorrow for the lost, the innocent who were just going about their day on a beautiful September morning. Most of all Pride, pride in the Firefighters and Police Officers who went well above and beyond to save people and ultimately sacrifice their own lives. Pride in our Soldiers who for 10 years have tirelessly fought and died so this atrocity would never be repeated, and pride in the People of America who despite a weak leader are standing strong in their values and beliefs. 


This is and will always be a solemn day of remeberance, not of service like Obama would like you to believe, but a day to remember the fallen and the survivors. Most importantly so we never forget and never let it happen again.


I snapped this shot in 1997 from a subway train, it just seemed perfect.



Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God; for unto Thee do I pray.
O LORD, in the morning shalt Thou hear my voice; in the morning will I order my prayer unto Thee, and will look forward. - Psalm 5








No comments:

Post a Comment