Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 and beyond

I am not sure how 2009 is gonna be politically, financially or even socially. One thing I am sure of is God has a plan for me and I intend to follow it to the T. I have found that trying to forge my own path is impossible and I end up in the same boat year after year. But I have a good feeling about 2009. I am giving this year totally to God. I'll go where he tells me and I am sure it will be amazing. He finished 2008 by giving me a new home and new friends. I don't want to sound gushy as the boys I take care of like to say, but things are just great right now, and while Kim gets some of the credit the majority (I don't think she'll mind) goes to God. I started 2008 with the plan to get back to basics. Going to church was the first step. Early in the year Calvary Chapel was where I thought I'd land but my Mom (as usual) pointed me to HDC (high desert church) where I would find what I was looking for. 6 months later I have become a member and couldn't think of another place I'd rather be. The same can be said for my new home (and yes it's home). I knew right away that this was the right move but the enemy can plant seeds of doubt in you. You question things that you shouldn't and say things you don't mean. Right now my job (my life really) revolves around Kim and her 3 boys R,N, and B (names withheld for safety). God has strategically placed me with this family for a reason, and while I don't exactly know why or to what extent. I have found with God's (and Kim's) help (in the mess of boys and their toys!) a peace in my heart that could only come from a pleased God. And I thank him daily for it and the opportunity to make a difference. I don't know what my future holds for me, but as for right now God has blessed me and I'm gonna bask in His amazing grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment