Thursday, January 20, 2011

Experience China

During the press conference with Presidents Obama and Hu yesterday I was bouncing around the different new channels, I stopped on CNN, because I hate MSNBC and FOXNEWS was on commercial. When the two leaders came out and gave their speeches it was exactly what I expected. Obama's lips planted on Hu's backside. "We welcome China's rise," says Obama "I absolutely believe that China's peaceful rise is good for the world, and it's good for America." Yep that's the leader of the free world handing it over to the leader of the un-free. Need some proof? The winner of the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize is Liu Xiaobo, who is currently imprisoned in China, you'd think the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner Barack Obama would have something to say about that. (BTW I still don't know what Obama won the prize for, do you?)


Now immediately after the press conference CNN cut to a commercial break, the first commercial was one of these "Get out of debt now" commercials talking about hard times. The second was "Experience China", showing  how great China is. From the gracious people to their amazing super models and even their cutting edge space program. I tried finding the video to show you, but it's not online. Though I did find something interesting at cnn.com, the "Experience China" advertisement is all over their homepage. If you click on it, you are taken to the ChiCom official page http://www.china.org.cn/. It's kind of creepy, CNN has really fulfilled their knick name we've always joked about, Communist News Network. The Onion did a spoof like this a couple years ago, unfortunately I couldn't find it. Check it out, maybe I am over reaching here, but it seems odd to me that as the POTUS bows to the Chinese and so does CNN.


This commercial is becoming a very scary possibility!






No comments:

Post a Comment